Oh dear oh dear....
It’s been 3 weeks and I’ve still not recovered fully from the last attack of throat infection and cough since my last blog entry. After seeing 3 different doctors and consumed 2 doses of antibiotics, flu medication and 4 different types of cough medication (tasting from sour to bitter), my taste buds have completely gone into sleep mode! I simply can’t taste anything anymore. Blehh…
When I was in Penang over the Chinese New Year holidays, I decided to indulge in a cup of almond tea. A drink which is usually so strong tasting and smelling, some regard it to the “cockroach” drink (yes, a colleague of mine mentioned). I have no idea how he would even know how cockroaches taste like. I guess perhaps the smell of the drink induces one’s mind which is inter-linked to one’s taste buds, hence the taste of cockroach would seemingly surface upon the sniff of the aroma of the almond tea. Anyway, the point is, my taste buds had completely lost its ability to taste even that cockroach-like taste. In fact, it tasted more like a barley drink gone bad and murky..!
So, as you can probably guess, I certainly did not have such a good 3 weeks in so far as my food intake was concern. I have avoided spicy, oily, deep-fried, cold, strong tasting food, any of which would trigger and cause an outburst of flu, cough or sorethroat. Fingers crossed, I can only hope that I can soon recover my taste and smell senses….
When I was in Penang over the Chinese New Year holidays, I decided to indulge in a cup of almond tea. A drink which is usually so strong tasting and smelling, some regard it to the “cockroach” drink (yes, a colleague of mine mentioned). I have no idea how he would even know how cockroaches taste like. I guess perhaps the smell of the drink induces one’s mind which is inter-linked to one’s taste buds, hence the taste of cockroach would seemingly surface upon the sniff of the aroma of the almond tea. Anyway, the point is, my taste buds had completely lost its ability to taste even that cockroach-like taste. In fact, it tasted more like a barley drink gone bad and murky..!
So, as you can probably guess, I certainly did not have such a good 3 weeks in so far as my food intake was concern. I have avoided spicy, oily, deep-fried, cold, strong tasting food, any of which would trigger and cause an outburst of flu, cough or sorethroat. Fingers crossed, I can only hope that I can soon recover my taste and smell senses….




No comments:
Post a Comment