Monday, February 16, 2009

A notable Monday.

Monday is finally over! It felt like such a loong day I had. It also felt like I did absolutely nothing. Silly, of course I did. Just that it sure feels like such a struggle to get through Mondays, especially since we had 2 public holidays on a Monday consecutively for the past 2 weeks.

I had a relatively well rested weekend notwthstanding the night ended late last night as it was AK's wedding. I remember quite clearly the day AK spilled the beans that he was getting married. Just about a year ago, coincidentally he was on MSN and I jokingly asked "So Tai Kor (though he is technically a couple of months younger than me), when getting married lar...?" to which he responded "Next year". That came as quite a surprise as he had always been hush hush about his other half. I had never met her prior to their wedding last night, although I was told they have been dating a few years now. Then, I remembered thinking to myself that it was still a long way to go before the wedding. And the wedding was last night! It's amazing how time flies, and everyone around me keeps saying that.. so I guess I'm not the only person feeling that way! At weddings, it never seem like it is ever possible to capture a picture with the couple. To me, it usually feels more like a reunion with old friends.

Photobucket

Picture with my ex-housemates (and a regular visitor) at the wedding.

Talk about an overdose of overwhelming (and HAPPY) news. This morning, a very good friend said she has news for me. She disclosed to me that -

1. she is getting married in March. So I asked whether it was this year or next. It was this year. [I was estatic when I heard this.] But that wasn't the NEWS.

2. she is pregnaaaant! (that explains the wedding inMarch). [I was overjoyed for her when I heard this. "Xiong hei lam mun" as they say "Double Happiness".]

3. she is expecting TWINS [I was speechless by then and overwhelmed.].

Congratulations babe, the bride and mother-to-be! They sure will be some fashionable kids! :)

No comments: