I am referring to this bad week I am experiencing through so far. Notwithstanding that something really bad happened on Monday, I am only grateful I survived it. But I would not have made it through if not for the concern and care which my family members and some of my friends offered me when I was going through that ordeal, if I may so describe it.
Just when I thought the worst was over, there was today! Today, I finally got a taste on the ugly side of 'practise'. And by that, I am referring to the ugly side of practising law. To some, probably the more experienced, this incident which occurred might not have even affected them at all.
To sum it all up, it was one of those bad encounters with impatient lawyers. Was at court and had to deal with a bankruptcy file. Waited from early morning till around 12-ish. By then, they had only dealt with about 20+ cases. So since I was no. 45, I decided to go off for a quick lunch. When I returned after 20 minutes, I was surprised to find that it was already no. 50+. It just didn't make sense!
I then went to the clerk, explained my situation and asked if I could see the SAR for just 2 minutes. I only needed to get a bl**dy order for the file. She said OK. As the person in the SAR's room walked out, one person (amongst those who were waiting) asked what number it was. The clerk explained that it was no. 55, but that I'd be going in to see the SAR as I was not around when my number was called.
A whole series of exchange of conversation took place. Bottom line, they were just pissed that they waited the whole morning and alleged that I was not there waiting, but had instead wanted to 'jump queue'. And so, I just had to wait till all of their cases were called before I was allowed to see the SAR.
Looking back on this incident, I am definitely happy and contented that I will be practising corporate law from now on. It is my intention to concentrate on corporate law and deal less with litigation so as to avoid the unnecessary events.



No comments:
Post a Comment