After much hesitation (umms and errrs), we finally made our way in search of the perfect place to settle down for tea. To our dismay, the place R had recommended which was fabulous for cheesecake was not quite there as it had been. So, we walked over to Chinoz, but the menu dessert was not appealing at all.
We finally made our stop at California Pizza Kitchen. The desserts were so yummy! We ordered the Chocolate souffle cake with vanilla ice-cream and tiramisu. The Souffle cake is absolutely delicious! A must-try for those who visit CPK next time. Will make sure I taste it again when I have the opportunity.
In and all, the 3 of us were engaged in lengthy conversations about our uni life back in sheffield, our working life as a chambee, our future, our loved ones and well, just a little bit of rumours/ gossips here and there. Ahem, well, what's a conversation without a little bit of everything.
Nonetheless, R commented how wonderful it would be if we could catch up like that from time to time. It felt like a Sex and the City-ish day out as how the good friends would sit down, have coffee, take some time off from their very hectic schedules and catch up on their lives. Time however, does not permit us to do so. We have afterall, other obligations in life and we are responsible people too. But yes, it would be nice to have such sessions like that. I have been deprived of those late night chats and midnight talks.
These nights, I lie on bed and doze off almost instantly. Probably not even capable of midnight talks even if I wanted to.
Miss R already, now that she's back in UK.



No comments:
Post a Comment