Thursday, December 09, 2004

ETHICS ethics !!

It was definitely good not to have to go to work for the past two consecutive days. But what didn't feel right was that I had to wake up to attend the Ethics lecture. To be honest, having gone through it, I don't really think the lectures served much purpose, whatever it was intended for, it definitely didn't make me feel anymore ethical.

Half the topics which were taught didn't really relate to ethics. There was a session all about Mediation and Solicitor's Remuneration. Others were quite alright : duties of counsel and advocacy & decorum at court. But really, it would have been more effective if Bar Council had allowed us to have the notes earlier so we could at least read it first.

It sure wasn't easy having to cramp in 30 pages (double-sided) of words (small ones, mind you). It felt like ages since I read something so substantive and having to pour it all out in a 1 hour 15 minutes paper.

Anyhow, I am glad it's all over. But I must say, the food served for lunches were good. CH concurs too.

I am looking forward to the KL Bar masquerade party. Yaye!

Ok, so I know I don't sound very enthusiastic, but it's been a long 48 hours for me!!

3 comments:

xes said...

Daniel and I will be @ table 31 :D

Anonymous said...

i am not going lar. I will see u in court someday. I tends to bump into SLB, SD & co, and Tay ppl very often in court but never seen any from S.

-frank-

SimplyFabulous said...

have u been shortcalled frank?