CLEANING UP
After months of procrastination, I finally got down to cleaning my room. Yes, it's been many many months since I made a mental note to myself to CLEAN and get rid of all the unwanted objects. Things which seem to be around somewhere but those that you know you don't really use, need or want anymore but just couldn't be bothered to get rid of them. I find it really hard to get rid of anything in my room, but I guess some of my previous housemates might tend to disagree. Thing is, I have this tendency to want to keep my room in 'top' condition ie. no mess, no dust (ya right!). Basically, nothing should be lying around where it shouldn't be.
So I try, albeit very hard, to keep to my motto of 'putting things back where they belong'. But somehow, due to the time constraints (most of the time anyway), things are either piled up or littered somewhere or other. It is indeed frustrating when you are trying to look for half side of your earrings or a CD, knowing that you must have misplaced them!
So, yes, I have sorted out my room this morning. It feels like I am more in 'control' now, knowing where I can find most of my things now. But that aside, cleaning not only helped clears the mess, it brought some awareness to me. As I looked through my 'personal' drawer, I saw a whole collection of cards over the past couple of years. And these are cards which were dated back to 1997! Shocked for one, that they still are around in my room. But even more, when I realised I hadn't been in touch with people who cared so much for me (which I hope they still do despite me not making a conscious effort to keep in touch). I must say, I am truly blessed to have all those people, at that phase in my life, people who really mattered.
Looking back at these cards which may not seem very material at the time of receipt (do not be mistakened, I felt really happy then), but even more now that I realised how special these people were to me. My special thanks goes to all of you, you guys know who you are... the following list is not an exhaustive one and not in any order of preference, but I feel that there is a need to express my immense gratitude to all of you :
A special thank you goes to all of you ..
Special memories : Sunday dim sum sessions, make-up sessions, celebrity-talk sessions, 'po-tai' sessions, cooking sessions, teasing 'Irene' sessions, grocery shopping at Tai Sun and the list goes on...
S : You have truly been a wonderful friend indeed. You started out as a mere acquaintance whom I only knew on the surface to someone special whom I know I can keep as a good friend for life. Your care and support as a friend throughout our years of friendship, I could never have asked for more. From those times when you made me my first pitta bread (absolutely delicious!) for breakfast on the morning I had to sit for my exams (back in Ranmoor Halls) to receiving your letters and cards in London to (I quote : 'help beat my homesickness'). You never failed to impress me, you are truly a STAR! I too, wish that life will be smooth sailing for you from now on, if it is not already so. You truly deserve the best!
p/s: i think your glittery colourful x/mas looking bulbs which hung across you room were cool!
LC : You are indeed our lil devil from 7 Hoole Road, the one who had most cheeky antics. The only one who still refers to me as 'ah po' (hey, I am not that old ya.. ) whether in your emails/ cards. From the time when we first met at Taylor's College, our friendship has extended in so many ways. I am truly glad that we were able to get to know each other better in so many ways, and only the best I must say. All those times in 7 Hoole Road with you guys were a blast! I will alwas remember we 'po tai' till 7.30 am in the morning with lectures to attend that morning itself. (I shall not disclose whether we did attend lectures or what time we arrived at faculty! *wink wink)
p/s: the pink heart-shaped IKEA lamp which hung in your room does NOT make your room look like the 'red-light' district. (*teasing only*)
ST : You are truly sweet! From sharing all your goodies which your mom 'shipped' over for you, translating HK celebrity news for me to all those 'trying out clothes & make-up' sessions. I trust and hope that me and S have offered you some sort of assistance in that department, which you will always find useful from time and again. We miss you dearly, and I am sorry I could not attend the dinner when you were around the last time you were in KL. But do remember that you will always be a part of my life, always always ...
p/s: The only lucky one who could gaze into the stars every night before she dozed off, but preferred to have glow in the dark stickers stuck on the ceiling ...
I: You were our 'special addition' to 7 Hoole Road! You brought much joy and happiness to us. From Ranmoor Halls, I never imagined that our friendship extended in this way.. it was all too good to be true. You are a delight to have around, and I hope you have enjoyed your times with us as much as we have. Although we are not in contact as much as we would have wanted to (sadly I don't frequent SA courts anymore), I hope you know that you will always be my good friend.
Having said this, I will now make a more conscious effort to keep in touch with all of you and maintain our friendships in the best possible way ..



No comments:
Post a Comment