So like yesterday was like my last day at work although I finished chambering about a week ago! Today, everyone was like raising their eyebrows and I knew almost instantly what they were gonna ask : 'why are you still doing here?'
I guess I could explain by saying that I miss going to work at 8.30 in the morning everyday or that I miss my colleagues. I do, but honestly it was because I have not filed my papers! Managed to get it all out of the way today. My long call has now been unofficially fixed for mid-June but the date has not been confirmed just yet.
Last night, in pursuance to my last day, me and several chambees headed to the SS2 pasar malam. We reached at about 6.30pm and in half hour, we had already gulped down asam laksa, 'bubble tea', 'mang chang kuih', fried chicken (well, at least SOME of us did), lok lok, and whatever that CH was eating because he was complaining that he was still hungry! We were literally hopping from one stall to another. It's amazing that none of us are down with diarrheoa or something.
We finished the night with a serious discussion of what we had in mind as our next chambee event. DRAGONBOAT RACE. Destination : Penang. At that point of time, we WERE still munching on. A plate of "wall band" (i really think it should be 'wo peng'), I love it, whatever its called. Its the pastry thingy which goes very well with 'peanut paste' ('fa sang woo'). Yummy! It was soaked with OIL though, it was dripping off my fingers after I finished them. Eww.
Pasar malam was soo much fun. L and I just had to stop at every accessories stall we came upon. L kept commenting :
'it's sooo many of them'
'it's soo cheap!'
'wow, look at those pretty things!'
'OMG, i think i'm gonna buy them all!'
L is sooo sweet! And I was thinking 'somebody pls stop L!'. Haha. Actually I had to resist myself too. Within such a short span of time (about 2 hours later), I had already spent at least RM 40+.
Who ever said everything at pasar malam was cheap?



2 comments:
MC is taking part in the dragonboat race. =P
"Wall band" was bad enough, but "ham chin band" really took the cake. Those were the names of the items on the menu we saw.
Don't try to be funny! I am NOT. I am not a big fan of the sun, unlike YOU. =p
Post a Comment