
Just last year, myself and a bunch of friends headed to Planet Hollywood for the celebration of my birthday. At a blink of an eye, 2005 has arrived. I was so thrilled waiting for this year's celebration. It was the only other thing which I had been looking forward to since I went on 'leave'. (mc realises that she has to make the best out of the 2 weeks left of her holidays!)
Today is actually the big day, but as I will be spending some quality time with my family, I had an early celebration with my friends. Eventhough not all the Skrinees were able to make it, it was definitely not a small crowd who made their presence last night. After much consideration, we decided the venue as Eden Seafood Village.
Only Eden was no longer the 'Malay Minangkabau' looking house I remembered. It had moved further down the road to a double storey white building. Not as exotic looking as I remembered but still it preserved a sense of classy, posh and comfortable feeling.
The guests for the night were the Skrinees, former uni mates, Alvin and SL.

Skrinees

A thorn among the roses?

The guys & I

My BPP mates

7 Hoole Road

Tze Ming, me & Lini

Big Brother AK, me & sweet SL

My London housemate & I (miss London!)

It doesn't feel like 6 years since I have known this guy!
The food at Eden was pretty yummy too, so I took several pictures for keepsake.

What I had, Black Pepper Steak (am such a sucker for black pepper sauce)

Portugese Chicken

A rack of lamb
Obviously that could not have been the end of my night. I had to complete it with some drinks of course. Met up with a couple of friends. Faced a dilemma in choosing the right place to hang out; it was either gonna be Rum Jungle or Poppy Garden. Rum Jungle looks a tad too tribal with lots of sweaty people queueing to get in. Too much hassle. Hopped over to Poppy. Nice crowd and pretty fancy too.
Birthday girl did a bit too much to drink, she admits. It's not every day that mc feels so merry so it was well worth the trip to Poppy Garden. I had only a few drinks but enough for me to have a very deep sleep last night. Started slow and easy.
Mc's drink list :

1. Screwdrive better known as Vodka Orange

2. Long Island Tea, Rachel's favourite drink (now mine!) (so yummy, not too filling for my very bloated stomach); and

3. Flaming Lamborghini!
My advice : Anyone who needs to get high real quick could definitely try this one out. Wait for half an hour, it will knock you out for sure!
Online review for Flaming Lamborghini : " My recommendation would be to have a fairly competent home mixologist to oversee the proceedings, a competent drinker to put the drink away, and an experienced photographer to record the occasion!"
No wonder I felt like I never felt before, I had a combination of -
- 1 oz Galliano
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz Chartreuse
- 2 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Light Rum
- 1/2 oz. Jose Cuervo Tequila
- 1/2 oz. Gin
Hmm, not bad at all. =)



1 comment:
yo.. mc ^^
happy belated bday la ^_*
wishin u the best for ur yr!!
btw nice pics :D:D
take care =]
Post a Comment