Happy Chinese New Year peeps!
Finally, after 4 days of not having internet access! Brought my laptop along with the hope that I could at least get some work done. Looks like NOT! Well, I did manage to read through like 2 witness statements. It will be a long time more before I get any work done! I can't believe this short break is coming to an end. I have enjoyed myself so much, particularly last night when me and cousins gambled till early morning. This CNY, I have finally learnt the reason why adults are so into mahjong! It's a really addictive mode of entertainment. I could never understand the calculations of how many 'fans' (points) but now I can roughly guess how they work it all out. I was so happy, I told my dad 'Dad, I finally learnt how to play!' My uncle then responded 'Great, now you will have to learn how to win.' *sigh* How much longer before I totally master this game?
This CNY, my relatives also introduced a new game, 'Ginrami'. This is even more fun than playing Mahjong. Although the drawback is that you tend to loose even more! For eg. the way they played it, assuming no players have placed down any cards, the 3 losers will have to pay double to the winner. If your cards total to say 100 points ( King, Queen, Jacks for 10 points, Ace for 15 points, Joker for 20 points) you'd be paying the winner RM 10 x 2 = RM 20. Luck is definitely not on my side this year. Have been getting rubbish cards! Hence, the blogging. Are you kidding? Of course not, I am just waiting for the peeps to clear the table from dinner for ROUND 2 of Ginrami. This game is definitely a heart attack, not for the young or elderly. Guess that makes me a pretty old person already!
Anyways, I think I shall surf the internet for awhile before my next opportunity arises! Wishing you people lots of love, success and prosperity for 2005.



1 comment:
Erm, it's "gin rummy", but heck, it's a close enough spelling. =P I know the very very basic rules of Mahjong but what is really holding back my potential to be a Mahjong Master is my woeful inability to read Chinese characters! I can count bamboo sticks, but I dunno those characters for numbers! Argh!
And I can't believe you brought work along with you during CNY! So it was not your need to chat on MSN that prompted you to bring your laptop along eh? See ya on Wed!
Post a Comment