Thursday, December 30, 2004

The 2nd last day of 2004

It really feels like yesterday when 2004 approached. Back then, I had so much to study for. I was cramming for my Civil and Criminal Lit paper. I remember those days. Cold and bitter. I was literally forced to DOWN all those tiny weenie wordings printed in the pages of the White Book and Criminal Procedure. I also did email my tutor, Mr R whilst studying for Civil. The email read :-

Re : 'Pre-exam stress'

Dear Mr. R,

I came across this section in the book which I did not quite understand.

[followed by the contents of email]

Thank You.

Yours sincerely,

Meng Choo


The reply was returned within a matter of minutes. It read :-

Dear Meng Choo,

Good question. The answer is XXXX.

Regards,

R

PS: What 'exam stress'?

PPS: Do not be stressed out. Do not fear for it will all be over even before you know it. Be confident and you will do just fine.

Mr. R was such a sweet person. I felt much better right after only it wasn't for long before those miserable anxiety of mine crept up again. Although I am glad I don't have to go through those type of days anymore, I can't help but feel like a part of me was left back in London.

I crave for those care-free days of mine.


I miss -

The times when I could just eat out whenever I want.
Eating whatever I felt like eating.
Visiting the theatres to watch the latest release every week.
Clubbing.
Regular visits to China Town for dim sum.
Dressing up fashionably without feeling awkward.
Wearing my boots which are probably now laced with spider webs.
Wearing my winter jackets.
Not forgetting, my oh so very cheery coursemates.
BPP-ians.

No comments: