Saturday, October 23, 2004

THIEVING FOR LOVE



I wonder if anyone's seen Sammi Cheng and Andy Lau's recent movie, 'Yesterday Once More'. The english title of this movie sure doesn't correspond with the Cantonese title, which suggests 'wealthy residence'. I had wanted to watch this movie since its release on 14 October. I had high hopes for this movie because this is supposedly the last movie that Sammi Cheng and Andy Lau will be filming together. They had since filmed 'Needing You' and 'Love on a Diet'. Those two productions by director,Johnnie To were incredible. I especially enjoyed 'Love on a Diet'. As such, I was really looking forward to watching 'Yesterday Once More'.

Anyhow, I went to watch this movie with Irene the other day. All in, the movie was funny but not entirely hilarious. It also did not end with the usual happily ever after ending. But, it was worth the watch. The popcorn was good too. Ha.


Here is a scene from the movie.



Sammi and Andy at the premiere of their movie in HK.





One thing I spotted (and the director probably meant for it to be that way) was that Sammi was carrying the same handbag through out the entire movie. The only thing was it was of different colours to match with her clothes. Also, she looked much healthier in this production, not as thin as she was in her previous movies.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. Not suitable for bachelor like me. At the end, it makes me sad coz I'm switching off the TV myself. lol. Plz intro me if u see Sammi and Andy Lau going on an action movie ok. Hahah..hopefully that cheers for all the councils of bachelors there.

Da President of Royal Bachelors Club, Fred.