FINAL DINING SESSION
Every barrister wannabe will have to dine 11 times at the Inns before qualifying to be one, the 12th dining session will be the the night you are called to bar. I have officially completed 11 sessions! My call date has been confirmed to be on the 29th July. I am eagerly awaiting the BIG day.
As today was my final lunch session, I was particularly aware of what the menu read. I have been taking it for granted, what I have been consuming all this while. Whilst some days I found it bothersome to have to attend this sort of events, some days I hated the crowd of strangers we had to sit with, overall, this is one experience that not many people are able to encounter. It is a truly fascinating one. I will always ALWAYS remember this memorable experience.
I have therefore taken the opportunity to make a mental note of what I have consumed for the past few sessions. It was interesting how delicious the dinner was made to sound, although I admit they were delicious.
Yesterday at dining, I had:
Cabbage, lettuce and peas in soup
~~~~~~
Mango Sorbet
~~~~~
Supreme cornfed chicken with
Grained mustard sauce
Baby potatoes and broccolli
~~~~~
Strawberries and cream
~~~~~~
Coffee
Today at sunday luncheon, I had :
Rosemary, apple, parsnips and peas in soup
~~~~~
Best end of lamb with mint sauce
New potatoes and cauliflower
~~~~~
Blueberry brulee
~~~~~
Coffee
It is a real treat especially to a weekend where no cooking has to be done for me. I am going to miss these dining sessions at the Lincoln's.



No comments:
Post a Comment